Peptivet Ear Drops are innovative ear drops for dogs and cats with narrow ear canals. They have a moisturising and soothing effect on the skin of the ear canal. The drops contain substances that support the function of the skin barrier with a moisturising, soothing and softening effect on the skin. The drops also change the permeability of the cell membranes of bacteria and fungi and makes tiny holes in the bacterial and fungal membranes, inhibiting the production of ATP and other metabolic processes until the microbe dies.
- Vitamin PP (vitamin B3, niacin): stimulates lipid synthesis, improves skin-barrier function and increases the water content in the stratum corneum
- Zinc PCA: soothing and moisturising effect
- AMP2041 peptide: makes tiny holes in the cell membrane of bacteria and fungi, which inhibits ATP production and other metabolic processes until the microbe dies
- Tris-EDTA: alters the permeability of bacterial and fungal cell membranes
- Glycerophosphoinositol (GPI): lysine salt from the sunflower plant with a skin-soothing effect
- Chlorhexidine digluconate (0.07%)
Directions for use:
- Clean the ear canal with Otoact, Clorexyderm Oto Piu or Otodine®.
- Gently apply drops into the ear canal.
- Gently massage the base of the ear canal.
- Leave for a few minutes then wipe off any excess material.
- Apply once a day for at least 14 days (or as directed by a vet).